Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sweet Whitney...





Whitney Houston
1963-2012

It’s astonishing how we never truly value someone until they are gone. In light of black history month, I would be remiss if I didn’t say anything about our newest angel, Whitney Houston.

Like many little brown girls, when I saw Whitney’s videos, she was the pinnacle of beauty. She had beautiful makeup, large hair, sequined dresses and a voice.  With that voice, she was able to blur color lines and become a bonafide super star.

In the past few days, I’ve been flooded with memories of playing my Whitney albums so much that my mother would come in and say “please let her sing it alone”! She made us believe that we were  “Every Woman” and in true defiant Leo fashion, “My Name is not Susan”. She reminded me that I was worth more that a “Million Dollar Bill”.  Just like anyone’s life, there are up and downs. Fortunately, we didn’t/don’t have to live it out in the public eye for everyone to judge.  

What remains true is that she used her voice to express OUR feelings of love and hope. Bousie Make Up would like to honor and thank you for your contributions to our world.  

May God continue to bless and keep the Houston/Brown family. 


Stacey


1 comment: